JO HEAD IS AN AWARD WINNING PHOTOGRAPHER WITH TWENTY FIVE YEARS EXPERIENCE OF CREATING BEAUTIFUL IMAGES
Jo has a deep connection with children and babies. She will produce images that are alive and vibrant. Images that will truly reflect their personalities and love of life. Her sensitive and honest approach will result in quality images that you will be proud to own.
“Through my images I want to celebrate your family, your life and the love you share. I will capture these times today for generations in the future to remember you and your loved ones.”
Jo has been in the photographic industry for 31 years. Her extensive experience has been informed by her years of work as a photo journalist in the lower North Island. Working firstly as a staff photographer on the Wairarapa Times Age and then progressing to Wellington’s award winning daily newspaper, The Evening Post. Through Jo’s keen sense of empathy for her subjects and artists eye she produced many celebrated images. Over the last 19 years Jo has based her work in Auckland.
Jo has worked extensively throughout her career with wedding and portrait photography which she shoots with a relaxed documentary style producing stunning natural images capturing the true essence of the day. Jo loves to tell a story though her images. It is what she does best.
Jo’s passion is people. Her sensitivity and relaxed nature ensures she gets the very best from her subjects. She understands not everyone enjoys being in front of a camera! Through her personality she always makes the experience fun and enjoyable, putting even the shyest person at ease.
Jo is highly skilled, professional and dedicated to her craft. She and her team will always produce wonderful images that you will want to view again and again.
Jo Head – Family & Baby Portrait Photographer.
ENDORSEMENTS FOR JO HEAD PHOTOGRAPHY
- Thank you so much for the amazing photographs you took for us.Sam and Subhatra
We have so much fun looking at our photos and sharing them with friends and family. All the photos exceeded our expectations in every respect. We will certainly be recommending you to all our friends. Thanks again.
- Jo is delightful to work with and people warm to her quickly. She works with speed and manages to capture just that right ‘moment in time’.Penny Owen – Art Director, Little Treasures Magazine
I highly recommend her for any photographic assignment as she is very skilled in her trade with both lighting and composition and can tackle any photographic task.
- “We loved the whole process, from start to finish, it was stress-free and fun".Craig and Anna Miller
"Jo, you were fabulous with Max, putting him at ease from the start and the results really showed in our images. Thank you for your great work, we couldn’t wait to get them up on the wall. They look fantastic – perfect!”
- Jo Head has produced some stunning photography for Little Treasures magazine.Rosemary Barraclough – Editor, Little Treasures Magazine
We love her fresh, candid approach to photographing children. She is skilled at encouraging kids to work well with the camera and quickly captures images that are real and relaxed, as well as technically excellent.
- It can be a big deal deciding on a photographer but I can make it easy for you – book Jo!Kate & Dan Carter
Someone gave me some good advice in the run up to getting married and that was to ensure we had a really good photographer so when the memories fade you have beautiful photos to treasure.
- Our baby photos are something we will treasure forever and Jo has provided us with the most beautiful photos and made the whole experience exceptional.Chelsy Blair
She was so patient with our baby’s needs, so it never felt rushed. I would totally recommended Jo to any family.